Tuesday, June 26, 2007

found this by mistake/hits home

Our stories are different but the loss is the sameThe ache of our hearts, the affects of the shameIt happened to you another time, a separate placeOur tears are the same, as they stream down our faceWas it a daughter you relinquished that unforgetful day?Or was it a son like me that I only wanted to stay.To stay with me forever for no one to takeA young child myself, the choice was not mine to makeWere the birthdays of your child almost too hard to bear?Never forgetting, wondering what he would be into that year.Did you pray for his parents to be the best they could be?Did you pray he’d be healthy, happy, and strong like me?Did you compare him to strangers you’d see in the streetOr with every child his age that you’d meetDid you wonder if he’d wonder or even know about you?And did you start searching for him and hoped he would search tooHours and hours from your computer chairWondering if he would ever magically appear.Did you get frustrated and take a break a time or twoNot knowing how much disappointment you could live through.Were you scared to death of the chance he would callThat he’d only want a medical history and that was all A “one call” chance to say what he had to say- Were you scared he would hate you, thinking you “threw him away”Were you scared that giving him up for a better life was all in vainAnd scared to find out that his life was full of pain.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"were you scared he would hate you"

that is my fear every moment of every day

Kelly said...

Yes; I fear every day he hates me. And; last night I tried to talk to my mom; what a mistake that was. I wish for a mother who would think; I have another grandchild out there; my mom I bet doesn't know his birthday I would put money on it.