Saturday, August 25, 2007

Calling All Attorneys in the United States

If you are an attorney; or you know one will you please leave me a comment. Especially; if you/they do pro bono work; and you/they are familiar with adoption issues. Revocations; contesting an adoption; etc........... It does not matter what state you/they are in; we need all 50 states to help.

We usually all learn by word of mouth who to use; and who not to use. Yes; I heard a receptionist tell me the other day; that there are so many attorneys that willingly volunteer their time. I think in any business; there are people in it for the money; and then their are people who actually are in their business because they want to make a difference. You can make a difference; in any career.

Here's a story about word of mouth from my personal experience. A lot of you know; I was diagnosed with a Brain Tumor; on August 4, 2006; and there was not a neurosurgeon in Atlanta who was experienced with the tumor. Oh we got; "I think I can do it" Excuse me; this is not trying to fix my car; this is brain surgery; I want someone who knows what they are doing. This tumor; under 1%(think that's right) get it in the world. Epidermoid; if you want to look it up. Think I put that in another post. So we start researching; we found several neurosurgeons; who freaked me out just on the phone. Finally; S found a support group on-line; and asked who was the best neurosurgeon in the country for this surgery; responses flew without hesitation; all the same name; Dr. Fukushima. We were on the phone within minutes; Lori(office manager) answered; overnight the films to us; and we will look at them. By 5:00; the next day; we had an e-mail; that I definitely needed surgery; and it should be before the end of the year. The tumor was huge. I had surgery; and I am good. Dr .Fukushima; did my surgery on April 3(Tuesday); I was out of the hospital by April 7(Saturday); by dinner time. So; my point being we would of never found Dr. Fukushima; if it wasn't for word of mouth. And; I will sing his praises. Although; if you know him; you know he is doing that on his own:) I learned; when I was a patient @ Duke Hospital; he was one of the top four neurosurgeons in the world. And; we talked to other neurosurgeons who never stepped up to the plate for me; he did; before even meeting me. He took time out; and looked at the MRI films; not knowing if I would choose him; to be my surgeon. The other neurosurgeons; in TX, AR, TN; could of all done this; but didn't. None of them practice internationally; Dr. Fukushima does; and had less time to offered to look at the films for free; but he did. I realized; he was in this business because; he cared; not for the money. Oh; and if you know any thing about Brain Tumors; I just mentioned one of the biggest Brain Tumor Centers in this country(TX). I will not call out the name; but if you ask me directly; I will give it to you. So if we can get one of the best neursurgeons to step-up; I have faith we will get some of the best attorneys to step-up.

No comments: