Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Cody O'Dea

Cody has weighed on mind; heavy lately. The main reason; his court date is August 29, 2007. That is in twenty-eight days; and I am praying that on that day; the O'Dea family goes home, with Cody's baby girl, and celebrates her homecoming.


I wish Daniel(my son's father); ahh; bet you weren't expecting that name; were you? Had been the man; Cody is. Daniel; left two days later; after pretending to be happy about the baby. If Daniel; had picked up the phone; just once; maybe this month would not be a living hell for me. Cody; picked up the phone not once; but numerous times. In my mind; as a mother; he was trying to save all of them; from the heartache so many of us live with. And; to many of us do live with the heartache; but we can help families like Cody's; cause it is to late to save ourselves from the pain; so we have to use our pain for changing things for other families.

So; I have to say; yes; I wish my son; had a father like the man; Cody is.

In thirteen days; my baby boy will be fifteen. Thre are questions; that run through my mind; that I can't answer; and it makes me cry. What kind of cake does he want? Does he even eat cake? What about the flavor of ice cream? Or does he like icecream cake; like his aunt? What would he like to do on his birthday? I am sad; for Ashley(Baby O'Dea's mother); these questions will run through her mind every year on the baby's birthday. Cody; is trying to prevent all of their families from enduring that hell.

Yes; I know from the man; Cody is; he will not keep his daughter; from her mother. I wish I could talk to; Ashley. To explain to her; what this does to a family. My heart breaks for Cody; every night. I cry for that young man. And; thank God; there are men out there like Cody.

3 comments:

ShannonTara said...

Its Shannon :)

The court date is on the 27th. I accidentally put the date in wrong.

I pray that your son is trying to find you - and that he thinks about you all the time!

You two will meet again someday - I know it.

Kelly said...

Shannon,

I sent an e-mail to you; as well. I have posted a new POST; about the court date.

Hugs from Atlanta,
Kell

Anonymous said...

I heard about the Cody when the abduction just happened. I was hoping this whole time he was able to abtain custody and raise his daughter. Then I found out just today that he has never even seen her!!! It is so wrong and i feel for him.