Tuesday, July 3, 2007

My Father

The 4th of July; should be a time to celebrate; the rest of the world is. It is my sister's birthday; her 30th. I wish I wanted to go to the celebration tommorow; instead of feeling like it is a chore. Happy 30th Birthday. Saturday; as some of you know my sister had a 30th birthday party; I was not invited. My mother; who was out of town; the day of the party; told me the next day on the phone. Are you asking yoursself"Are they not on speaking terms?" My mother; tried to say it was a neighborhood thing. My husband is not in town 90 % of the time; so yes, I would of like an invite; even a last minute one; if it was a suprise. I have not asked my sister about it; because I am getting to the point; that it is expected. But; my husband did come through Atlanta; Saturday night. It was a suprise; I didn't know until that morning. That did lessen the blow when I found this out; we were able to eat dinner together. I was excited as it had just been me in town this week; as Brittany opted to go to the shore with my parents. We went to Roadhouse; it was nice, to have the quality time with; Scott. Wish it was more then a hour; but I will take what I can get in the summer; LOL. The joys of the moving business. Oh, to answer the question; unless I missed something; me, and my sister are on speaking terms. I thought we were sisters; we have our differences, but we are friends; so I thought. I threw both of her baby showers; she was my matron of honor when Scott, and I got married; went to Jamaica last year(my whole family; my idea; what was I thinking; LOL) So am I missing why I wasn't invited to the party? I would of called her if the cards were reversed; especially if she had a husband who traveled most of the year; and she knew my child was with my parents; because her oldest was with them as well.

On a different note; my father passed away 16 years ago on July 5, 1991. So I lost two very important men within 13 months of each other. I will never forget that night; there was a knock on the door; it was two policeofficers; I wasn't prepared to hear their words. "We found your father dead tonight." What? That couldn't be. I told him the night before that I hated him; little did I know those words would come to haunt me. I learned from that; I try to never use the word hate; it is a very strong word. See; I didn't want my father to go out; so I turned my teenage charm on. But, I do remember the last three weeks we had together; which had to be God's doing; as some of you know; the last four years of his life we didn't see each other much. So as fate would have it; I would move in with him three weeks before he passed away. My father; taught me a lesson I still carry through my every day life; you never know what the outcome of doing drugs will be. It is a lesson I will never forget. My father died of a drug overdose; actually they say it was an adverse reaction to drugs.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's nothing you can do to chnge the habits of a drug user; you know as well as I do they have to do it themselves, they have to want to do it. I cringe a lot thinking one day I too will hear that dreaded knock on the door. But we can't stop them, you know that. I've locked my feelings out from it, but I'm sure if they day ever came I would regret not doing more, spending more time, something. There's only so much we can do, so don't ever blame yourself for what could have been. Everyone has free will and chooses their own fork in the road.

Love, Michael

Kelly said...

Very true; but sad. Just hope I never lose another love one to drugs. Yes; you do become numb to it. Sending you hugs from Atlanta.

Kell

HeatherRainbow said...

your life sounds much like mine.

sending pos thoughts